Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Senior Member Angler of the Year

Double Pogy Rigs

Trying to find out some new ways to make/fish double pogy rigs. Or any type of multiple bait rig for that matter (ribbonfish, hardtails, etc.) I've tried a few different rigs in the past, but I just wanted to hear what you guys like or don't like. Thanks in advance.

Senior Member Legend

Double ribbon rig

Can't speak of the double pogy rig, but we have done a double ribbon rig in the past - still experimenting with it. Put a nose hook before the swivel and leader and hook a smaller ribbon onto it. The leader is about 3ft long down to the bigger ribbon hooked as usual (nose hooked with 3-4 trebles down the length of the body. We have never had a fish hit the first ribbon - always the second one with the stingers in it......
    T-BONE
    Force 10/Team Germinator
    McKee Craft/Evinrude - Wellcraft/Yamaha - and occasionally a Contender mixed in there somewhere :-)

Member Money Fish
    I dont make them up, but if my pogies, or threadfin, cigar minnow, what ever are running small, I will put one on each treble of my standard rig to get a bigger fish to eat.

Member National Qualifier
    I have tried a few diffrent ways but i have had my best luke with a large single bait just behind the prop wash.i prefer spanish macks. very easy to get an the way out normally. just try not to knock all of its scales off.
    Bryan Team Serenity

Junior Member Junior Angler
    Haywire a livebait hook and a swivel together. Attach the second piece of wire to the swivel on the livebait hook, then finish with a normal stinger rig at the end of the second piece of wire. I use spro swivels, so theres not much profile on the swivel next to the front hook. Put your larger bait on the front hook, if the rear bait spins the swivel keeps it from screwing the rig up. Good luck, Trace

Junior Member Chum
    byran,
    when you catch your spanish for live bait how long do you try in the morning before fishing. Thinking about doing this but have been concerned about loosing fishing time. Also thought about pre-fishing for blues and pinfish. Any info would greatly be appreciated

Lee

Member National Qualifier
    hawiian punch, i normally fish wrecks or towers , they are not always available. just put a planer down with a small clarkspoon and you can normally pick a couple of them up. they have to be in the water to survive so be fast about rigging them up.kings will hit the spoon sometimes.thats another story though.also look for the schooling fish on top on your way out
    Bryan Team Serenity