2015 SKA Nationals - Morehead NC FINAL FULL RESULTS

Discussion in 'Tournament Results' started by KC.com ADMIN, Oct 27, 2015.

1. ron

ron New Member

Man some people get lucky and don't know how to handle winning. Just enjoy.

2. CAPT_B

CAPT_B New Member

Eris, Each Class was a separate Tournament. Your Twt's were separate for each class(tournament) as well. I tried to tell you all this at dinner the night before but no one wanted to listen to me. It has always been like this for the Nationals and I don't see anything changing anytime soon. You fish against your Class and that's it nothing more and nothing less.

3. Mr. Fishy

Mr. Fishy Member

This is why the classes should have never been separated. If the championship is in a fair location there is no need for two classes. It was a bad idea from the start you would be better off declaring for the small boat class if your a single engine boat.

4. DAVID LUCAS

DAVID LUCAS Member

In my opinion you are exactly right but all you heard for years was there needed to be a single engine class so the SKA gave the guys what they wanted. Problem is not enough single engine guys supported it. It was just the first year so it MAY get better but considering the number of boats the single engine guys were fishing against I don't think the payout was so bad. Had there been 75 or 100 boats you had to compete against then yes the payout would have sucked but fishing against less than 50 boats it wasn't so bad. JMO

5. BoutTime

BoutTime New Member

Dang this from a guy that last winter was so gung-ho for the single engine class to get started ?? Amazing how winning can change some peoples attitudes about things...??? After reading this a second time it's starting to sound a lot like an old Swansboro Captain - LOL
    - - just my observation....

Dang dude just relax and enjoy the experience and be thankful you got to do it... OR IS IT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY ??

BTW: Congratulations on being the first Single Engine Class SKA national champion..

6. Mr. Fishy

Mr. Fishy Member

That's fighting words there! LoL!

7. rembrandt

rembrandt New Member

The never ending story,,, if i don,t win ,,i hate this or its not fair some how...come on guys what happin to fishing for the fun of it,,,if you win thats cool.. If you win a little money thats cool to,,but its the people that you meet that priceless..and how they will think of you after all is past..if you think the money is all about fishing ,,thats sad..the true winng payout is the new friends you make at each site,,,money comes oand gos,,,but friends last forever,,,think about it,,,hope this will help,,,,,,rembrandt

8. captainc

captainc New Member

I couldn't agree more. I went to Morehead and fished my boat in the National Tournament that was awesome. I learned enough about that area that I will go back fun fishing. I don't know how anybody can bash SKA for the show they put on this year. The Captain's meeting was awesome and showed it is about FAMILY and FRIENDS what else could anyone ask for. OH yeah and this comes from someone who didn't catch a kingfish all week but I sure had a great time. My hat is off to the SKA keep up the good work.

DAWSON GANG

9. Mr. Fishy

Mr. Fishy Member

Only thing I wished for this year that they left the dates the same. We missed the huge Hatteras bite by a couple of weeks. You talk about fun there was a 68 weighed in this weekend along with a couple of mid 50's with only 27 boats fishing.
    There was some fish in the 70's I'm sure of that!
    Your right , I'm not complaining they put on a great event this year!!

10. 2rodsdeep

2rodsdeep New Member

If they move nationals to ft pierce I am definitely fishing div 5 next season as well as the national championship

11. CharlesWatkins

CharlesWatkins New Member

I'm agreed with this man.

12. Jennifer A. Cook

Jennifer A. Cook New Member

I'm now very aware that doing this once a week gets much too big and messy, so now we might have to break it up more often. If anyone else feels like helping, I'm always open to input and assistance!!